From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:06:27
1 On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:33 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:20:09 +0100 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | It's getting more and more difficult to get things done, more and
5 > | more people / groups / herds to wait on to decide "obvious" things.
6 >
7 > Hrm, it is? Seems to me that it's no worse that it used to be. It's
8 > just that the stalling points are in different areas.
9 Hmmm ... I get the impression that there are more stalling points
10
11 > As for obvious... For any problem there's at least one solution that is
12 > both obvious and wrong...
13 Exactly :-) But I guess many among us have become a bit disillusioned and
14 try to stay away from what is perceived as useless trolling and silly
15 infights. So things either stall in discussion or get implemented with
16 the "obvious" flawed approach (early webapp-config and portage are good
17 examples) and then take a long time to become "fixed". There's still a
18 lot of good stuff happening, but as someone else said in this thread,
19 "we suck at execution" :-(
20
21 Patrick
22 --
23 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move