From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:34:13
1 On Thursday 05 January 2006 18:03, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > Exactly :-) But I guess many among us have become a bit disillusioned
3 > and try to stay away from what is perceived as useless trolling and
4 > silly infights. So things either stall in discussion or get implemented
5 > with the "obvious" flawed approach (early webapp-config and portage are
6 > good examples) and then take a long time to become "fixed". There's
7 > still a lot of good stuff happening, but as someone else said in this
8 > thread, "we suck at execution" :-(
9
10 I guess, the council should be more brave, and make decisions like
11 rejecting flawed approaches. Even when discussions have not been thrown
12 up and re-eaten again.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze