From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux documentation
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:12:51
1 On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 07:03:51PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2
3 > It's true docbook transformation need much time with these xsl's. But
4 > since we do not use dynamic XML generation time should not be the
5 > problem.
6
7 I think that a docbook-lite format could work. My concern with docbook
8 wasn't as much the additional processing power needed, but the additional
9 hours and hours that may be needed to write our own XSLT to conver docbook
10 to our desired HTML format. When designing the XSLT, it would seem that
11 having only the XML tags we need (and no more) would be an advantage.
12
13 Best Regards,
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
17 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org