From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improving Gentoo User Relations
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:50:53
1 On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 07:32 -0400, Thomas Cort wrote:
2 > Perhaps we should have a page explaining all of the ways someone can
3 > help / contribute to Gentoo. There is no central place (that I know of)
4 > for finding out what you can do as a user to make your favorite
5 > distribution become even better. The Free Software Foundation has a nice
6 > page here: http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html I was thinking we could
7 > have something similar to that for Gentoo. The list would include stuff
8 > like becoming an AT/HT, becoming a dev, writing documentation,
9 > translating docs, linking to Gentoo.org from your blog/website, telling
10 > your friends, starting a Gentoo user group, fixing bugs, writing good
11 > bug reports, answering questions on the forums/irc/ml, giving away
12 > Gentoo CDs, buying t-shirts from the Gentoo store, etc, etc.
13
14 That is certainly an idea, we do have a small 'Getting involved' section
15 on the userrel page, but the section certainly could be improved on and
16 maybe even linked to or copied to somewhere where it is easier to find.
17
18 We'll have a good look at the link you provided and see if they have any
19 ideas we may be able to steal! Thank you.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list