From: Marcus A Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation problems
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:59:42
1 I have read the through the gentoo webpages and am very interested to try it out. I decided I should try the 42MB iso image to get the full gentoo experience and to become more familiar with portage. However, I am having a
2 minor problem following the installation isntructions.
3
4 I am attempting to use a dhcp net configuration. The inet.dhcp_eth0 script uses dhclient, but this file is not in the /sbin directory. Or anywhere else on the CD I burned. I have tried to use the dhcpcd instead, but am unable to
5 get this to work either. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I know that I do not have to provide a hostname.
6
7 Marcus