From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation problems
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:53:19
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:08:18AM -0400, Marcus A Martin wrote:
2 : I have read the through the gentoo webpages and am very interested to try it out. I decided I should try the 42MB iso image to get the full gentoo experience and to become more familiar with portage. However, I am having a
3 : minor problem following the installation isntructions.
4 :
5 : I am attempting to use a dhcp net configuration. The inet.dhcp_eth0 script uses dhclient, but this file is not in the /sbin directory. Or anywhere else on the CD I burned. I have tried to use the dhcpcd instead, but am unable to
6 : get this to work either. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I know that I do not have to provide a hostname.
7
8 What happens if you run "dhcpcd eth0" by hand?
9
10 --Jerry
11
12 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
13 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
14 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
15 || than that!