From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using new (masked) qt-x11-3.0.0 ebuild
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:48:18
1 mån 2001-11-19 klockan 12.20 skrev Geert Bevin:
2
3 > I'm installed from scratch this weekend, so everthing is as new as it
4 > could be, XFree 4.1.0 thus. The qt3 problem is not limited to gentoo,
5 > I've had it too on Rocklinux and Redhat 7.2 and it's been acknowledge on
6 > the Trolltech's mailinglist by several users. I guess this can only be
7 > resolved by Trolltech in the next version. As a sidenote, AA works
8 > perfectly with Qt2 and with the X test programs, thus in my case it has
9 > nothing to do with the system.
10
11 Which X test programs do you mean? I tried xterm -fa and it works nice
12 on my system, but for some reason it doesn't work in Gtk+ 2. It works
13 however with the same Gtk+ on my other system (and worked before I did a
14 reinstall).
15
16 > Good luck, I hope you find it. I'm planning to have a look at GdkXft
17 > soon to add AA support to Gtk 1.2.
18
19 Ok, it should be easy enough.
20
21 Regards,
22 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
28 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden