From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using new (masked) qt-x11-3.0.0 ebuild
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:22:41
1 > I have problem with AA-fonts in Gtk+ 1.3 (what will be 2.0) after I
2 > reinstalled my system to rc6. Does anyone else have these problems?
3 >
4 > If you have this problem, which x11-base/xfree do you have?
5 > Also, did you install this version from a clean system (ie not upgrading
6 > X from an old version) if not, which version did you have installed
7 > before?
8
9 I'm installed from scratch this weekend, so everthing is as new as it
10 could be, XFree 4.1.0 thus. The qt3 problem is not limited to gentoo,
11 I've had it too on Rocklinux and Redhat 7.2 and it's been acknowledge on
12 the Trolltech's mailinglist by several users. I guess this can only be
13 resolved by Trolltech in the next version. As a sidenote, AA works
14 perfectly with Qt2 and with the X test programs, thus in my case it has
15 nothing to do with the system.
16
17 > > Additionally I also noticed that /etc/X11/XftConfig and
18 > > /usr/X11/lib/X11/XftConfig aren't the same file. Maybe the X
19 > > installation should be adapted to create a symlink from one to the other
20 > > instead.
21 >
22 > I've noticed this too. Let's dig into this and find the problem, I spent
23 > several hours this weekend trying to get Gtk+ 2 giving me AA-fonts but
24 > didn't succeed (probably looking in the wrong places)...
25
26 Good luck, I hope you find it. I'm planning to have a look at GdkXft
27 soon to add AA support to Gtk 1.2.
28
29 Best regards,
32 Geert Bevin
33 the Leaf sprl/bvba
34 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
35 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
36 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98