From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using new (masked) qt-x11-3.0.0 ebuild
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:15:50
1 mån 2001-11-19 klockan 11.46 skrev Geert Bevin:
2 > Hi,
3
4 Hi!
5
6 > I've installed the ebuild and tried to make it work correctly. I noticed
7 > that qt3 has quite some font related problems. Reading the mailists on
8 > trolltech.com, the only (temporary) solution is to disable the
9 > anti-aliasing. During the configure phase I thus suggest adding
10 > '-no-xft' until this matter has been resolved.
11
12 I have problem with AA-fonts in Gtk+ 1.3 (what will be 2.0) after I
13 reinstalled my system to rc6. Does anyone else have these problems?
14
15 If you have this problem, which x11-base/xfree do you have?
16 Also, did you install this version from a clean system (ie not upgrading
17 X from an old version) if not, which version did you have installed
18 before?
19
20 > Additionally I also noticed that /etc/X11/XftConfig and
21 > /usr/X11/lib/X11/XftConfig aren't the same file. Maybe the X
22 > installation should be adapted to create a symlink from one to the other
23 > instead.
24
25 I've noticed this too. Let's dig into this and find the problem, I spent
26 several hours this weekend trying to get Gtk+ 2 giving me AA-fonts but
27 didn't succeed (probably looking in the wrong places)...
28
29 Regards,
30 Mikael Hallendal
34 Mikael Hallendal
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
36 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden