From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Useless USE descriptions...
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:36:31
1 On Friday 06 February 2004 02:14 pm, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > One other thing to this respect. What do you (multiple) think about
3 > allowing the description of the useflags in the metadata.xml file? (or in
4 > the ebuild itself) That would allow specification of what the consequenses
5 > are for choosing that flag for this ebuild.
6
7 i like the idea of moving the descriptions out of the use.local.desc and into
8 the metadata.xml ... you can get really verbose here without cluttering up
9 the .desc file ... that's the reason for berevity in those files, you dont
10 want to clutter them up
11
12 i think we should still put 'category/pkg:use flag' in usr.local.desc so we
13 have a central location for parsing, but moving descriptions would be nice
14 -mike