From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Useless USE descriptions...
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:14:38
1 On Friday 06 February 2004 18:32, Stroller wrote:
2 > I've been running Gentoo on my server for about a year now, but it's
3 > only this week I've been able to install it on a desktop machine. So
4 > today I'm doing a load of emerging of all those essential packages that
5 > one has on every system one owns, and I'm tweaking more USE flags than
6 > usual.
9 One other thing to this respect. What do you (multiple) think about allowing
10 the description of the useflags in the metadata.xml file? (or in the ebuild
11 itself) That would allow specification of what the consequenses are for
12 choosing that flag for this ebuild.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze