From: Tom Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IRC #gentoo
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:28:05
1 On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 03:44:59PM -0600, Pete Gavin wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:59:29AM +0000, Robert Melton wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I noticed #gentoo on irc.openprojects.net has a single user in it (and a
5 > > chanserv message on where to get gentoo) -- I think it would be great to get
6 > > some people (even if you are mostly just idle) to be in there -- so users
7 > > would FIND somebody when they go there.
8
9 There used to be more activity, but owing to lack of time it died out recently,
10 although this email seems to have created more intrest :)
11
12 > > If more people are on the gentoo-accounce list -- maybe someone should post
13 > > this on that list as well.
14 >
15 > I would spend more time, but I don't know how to use bitchx yet, and
16 > since I spend 90% of my time using the CLI, I can't use
17 > xchat. Otherwise I'd be in IRC all day long... Could someone point me
18 > to a quick intro to bitchx?
19
20 BitchX supports the standard IRC commands - /join, /part, /quit etc, the most
21 useful commands can be found at http://www.irchelp.org/
22
23 - Tom