From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Difference of global/local useflags
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:06:57
1 John Nilsson said:
2 > I feel that we should try to move away from the monolithic nature of the
3 > portage tree and try to harness the power of "the web" more. To do that
4 > we have to push as much of the package handling as possible upstream.
5
6 Many handle it upstream, i can think of perl and oo.o off the top of my
7 head, but do you want to go through their customizing ways (aka, the
8 ./configure script) and lose portage's ablity to be run non-interactivly?
13 Joe Booker
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list