From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Difference of global/local useflags
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:20:59
1 On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 23:06, Joseph Booker wrote:
2 > John Nilsson said:
3 > > I feel that we should try to move away from the monolithic nature of the
4 > > portage tree and try to harness the power of "the web" more. To do that
5 > > we have to push as much of the package handling as possible upstream.
6 >
7 > Many handle it upstream, i can think of perl and oo.o off the top of my
8 > head, but do you want to go through their customizing ways (aka, the
9 > ./configure script) and lose portage's ablity to be run non-interactivly?
13 I would be fine with something like the kernels "make oldconfig" each
14 emerge instance.
15 That would be just as "non-interactive" as:
16 emerge -uUD world -pv && vim /etc/make.conf && vim /etc/portage/* &&
17 emerge -uUD world.
18
19 -john