From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does the scm ebuild masking policy make sense for git?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 19:03:11
1 Hi,
2
3 09.09.14 20:36, hasufell написав(ла):
4 > Michał Górny:
5 >>
6 >> And how can you test a VCS ebuild? You can't assume upstream will be
7 >> stuck on one commit.
10 > I don't see the argument. It sounds like you are saying "one day,
11 > upstream might stop supporting architecture xy, so better we just omit
12 > all of them from KEYWORDS". Err?
13 >
14 > For example, I know polarssl upstream will support amd64 and x86 for the
15 > foreseeable future (cause they told me and I run the live ebuild on both
16 > arches). Why would I want empty KEYWORDS, even in the live ebuild? Bugs
17 > will be valid and fixed.
18 >
19 > If an architecture is no longer supported and upstream doesn't accept
20 > bugs for it any more, drop it. Same as always.
23 When I accept ~arch I expect that no live ebuilds will be built. I think other gentoo users expect the same.
24
25 Emerging live ebuild usually is quite a risky thing, so hiding such stuff behind dropped keywords is quite reasonable.
28 Jauhien