From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does the scm ebuild masking policy make sense for git?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:31:35
1 Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > Emerging live ebuild usually is quite a risky thing,
3
4 I don't know. It depends on the culture of the particular repository,
5 and while it is true that many open source repos are utter crap I'm
6 not sure if that is the common case?
7
8 I like to believe that developers actually think before they commit,
9 but I do admit to also ending up disappointed.
10
11 One way to change that is IMO to pressure upstream not to put crap in
12 their repo in the first place. That is only detected by people using
13 the upstream repo code, and filing bugs upstream in case of crap.
14
15 Sure, that's more effort for the community. But the end result is
16 less crappy software. Do you want to help with that?
19 //Peter