From: "Manuel RĂ¼ger" <mrueg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for help: app-admin/chef
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:39:15
1 Hello,
2
3 app-admin/chef and its related packages are currently maintainer-needed.
4
5 So if you're using chef on Gentoo, this is your chance to step up!
6
7 These packages have some restricting dependencies (e.g.
8 <dev-ruby/json-1.7.7), that ruby herd doesn't want to deal with.
9 Currently two version bumps (one major, one minor) are missing [1].
10
11 Ruby herd is willing to assist and help to work with ruby eclasses.
12
13 Feel free to ping me on IRC (#gentoo-ruby) if you want to help out,
14 otherwise we will have to treeclean it sooner or later.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Manuel