From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for help: app-admin/chef
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:33:08
1 On 07/26/2014 08:38 AM, Manuel Rüger wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > app-admin/chef and its related packages are currently maintainer-needed.
5 >
6 > So if you're using chef on Gentoo, this is your chance to step up!
7 >
8 > These packages have some restricting dependencies (e.g.
9 > <dev-ruby/json-1.7.7), that ruby herd doesn't want to deal with.
10 > Currently two version bumps (one major, one minor) are missing [1].
11 >
12 > Ruby herd is willing to assist and help to work with ruby eclasses.
13 >
14 > Feel free to ping me on IRC (#gentoo-ruby) if you want to help out,
15 > otherwise we will have to treeclean it sooner or later.
16 >
17 > Cheers,
18 >
19 > Manuel
22 > [1]
23 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=app-admin%2Fchef&list_id=2433248
24 >
25 I'm going to be working on app-admin/chef (client), might make a package
26 for omnibus-install type thing from the deb they provide for the server.
29 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)