From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:20:23
1 On Tuesday 10 August 2004 15:48, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 09:26, Corey Shields wrote:
3 > > There is no release for this at all.. We can use the same release cd's
4 > > that are currently available.
5 >
6 > I still don't see the advantage of 2 release cycles. I honestly feel
7 > like our current quarterly release cycles are a bit ambitious. Adding
8 > any other release cycles into this mix would simply be overwhelming for
9 > our staff.
10
11 Why not merge the cycles? Once per year (or whatever is decided) the media
12 release (like current releases) coincides with the release of the
13 stable/release tree. The other media releases will be similar, but the tree
14 will not be maintained or provided as release.
15
16 Paul
17
18 ps. The difference for the installation medium between a release current style
19 and a stable release could just be the profile provided. (The profile taking
20 care of the different tree etc.)
21
22 pps. Of course it could also be done in the manual
25 Paul de Vrieze
26 Gentoo Developer
27 Mail: pauldv@g.o
28 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net