From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for user-developer communication
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:49:33
1 Spider wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, in light of this I'm looking for somone who could be able to host
4 > me on a finger account, seems we have classical infrastructure for this
5 > in place in the unix world, we just need to use the .plan and other
6 > features, and thats never going to be easy to do :)
9 I was thinking, jabber has a blog transport, if we add this to the
10 gentoo.org server we could have personal blogs which a dev can _easily_
11 update (example is : jogger.jabber.org ). It's maybe not a great
12 tracker/todo list, but it keeps users updated on whats going on in
13 general or specificly for a certain (group of ?) developer(s).
14
15 I also remember a weekly newsdigest being discussed on core, afaicr all
16 response to that was positive. It hasn't seen the daylight yet, but i
17 think that's because the devs are usually quite busy doing stuff not
18 thinking about/having the time to put such a mailing together. Maybe an
19 idea to assign it to the doc team or a (group of) helpful users ?
20
21 - foser
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list