From: Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] random gdb "debugger segfaults"
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:50:23
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm not sure if this is a gentoo problem, but I figured I would get a
4 better response through this list than gentoo-user.
5
6 I'm working on a new C program and I'm getting a number of debugger
7 segfaults when running gdb. I've never had such a vital program as
8 gdb crash on me before, so this has gotten me a bit worried about
9 possible library mismatches or problems with newer versions
10 gcc/binutils/gdb working together.
11
12 I'm working with shared libraries in this application for the first
13 time, and I thought that gdb might be a bit flakey with this type of
14 dynamic symbol allocation. Anybody have experience with this?
15
16 I don't know if there's a current solution, but I thought that I
17 wouldn't be alone is seeing these problems and that others might have
18 already found the source (and solution). Currently I'm running:
19
20 gdb 6.0
21 gcc 3.3.2-r2
22 binutils 2.14.90.0.7
23
24 Note that gdb does work, but crashes rather randomly (as in, I can't
25 see a definite pattern that I could nail down to an actual bug)
26 requiring a restart, which is a bit irritating but not life
27 threatening.
30 burton samograd
31 http://kruhftwerk.dyndns.org
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list