From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flag transition: tetex and latex
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:47:05
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tue, 06 Nov 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>:
5 > > On Tue, 06 Nov 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
6 > > > > tetex-alike distribution. So, imho, in that case a kpathsea
7 > > > > useflag would make more sense; but I doubt such a useflag name
8 > > > > will speak by itself.
9 > > > Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags.
10 > > > Anyone?
11 > > As long as the description of the USE flag (such as by euse -i)
12 > > is usefule (and *not* the equally omnipresentand useless "foo -
13 > > enables foo support"), I see no trouble in using it.
14 > > In this case I'd go for:
15 > > kpathsea - Enable (La)TeX integration.
16 >
17 > Which I don't consider as correct: "enable integration with kpathsea
18 > search library (TeX related)"
19 >
20 > > IMHO, it'd better be "Support X11 DGA video output using the
21 > > vidix interface"
22 >
23 > Right, we have too many bad descriptions. Maybe a project for you
24 > to prepare a patch for use*.desc? :)
25
26 Actually, I might consider it. Unfortunately, I tried to cut off
27 my finger last sunday and as such I'm typing-impaired for now. At
28 least I got sick leave until Friday :-/ And two nasty tetanus
29 shots :-( <cue more whining, I'm too lazy to type>
30
31 Anyway, I'm considering your "offer" :)
32
33 Regards,
34 Tobias
37 In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list