From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flag transition: tetex and latex
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:50:53
1 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>:
2
3 > On Tue, 06 Nov 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > > > tetex-alike distribution. So, imho, in that case a kpathsea
5 > > > useflag would make more sense; but I doubt such a useflag name
6 > > > will speak by itself.
7 > > Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags.
8 > > Anyone?
9 > As long as the description of the USE flag (such as by euse -i)
10 > is usefule (and *not* the equally omnipresentand useless "foo -
11 > enables foo support"), I see no trouble in using it.
12 > In this case I'd go for:
13 > kpathsea - Enable (La)TeX integration.
14
15 Which I don't consider as correct: "enable integration with kpathsea
16 search library (TeX related)"
17
18 > IMHO, it'd better be "Support X11 DGA video output using the
19 > vidix interface"
20
21 Right, we have too many bad descriptions. Maybe a project for you
22 to prepare a patch for use*.desc? :)
23
24 V-Li
27 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
28 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
29
30 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>