From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:44:53
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 21:18, Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > However, for the purposes of an actual project, I believe it's
3 > considered essential that we own the infrastructure that project is hosted
4 > on. All of our other projects (to my knowledge) are hosted on our own
5 > infrastructure.
6 >
7 > If we cannot properly administer a Gentoo resource, i.e. if we have to
8 > go through unaffiliated intermediaries, then it should not be an official
9 > Gentoo project. I don't believe having a spot in /proj/
10 > designates a project as "official"; I think the actual working area needs
11 > to be Gentoo-owned.
12 >
13 > That being said, you and others are free to do the whole LQ and other
14 > forums help; more power to you. But as I said, I don't think it should be
15 > an official TLP (or subproject) as we do not have proper supervision of
16 > external resources.
17
18 Good point. However it all depends on the lenses you look
19 it through.
20
21 gse is meant to be more like devrel or userrel. We are not going
22 to be moderating those forums, and we don't have any authority
23 there at all. This foundation is needed as a way to link the
24 Gentoo community with another support communities where people
25 will eventually seek support about Gentoo.
26
27 How else could we establish an official relationship with other
28 external projects? Of course the thing has to get external at
29 some point. The other option is to encapsulate and live isolated
30 from the rest of the reality.
31
32 What we offer is that and support, and the only infrastructure
33 is the project itself and their members. It's very abstract, I
34 know, but such is the nature of the project.
35
36 You don't have to go thru intermediaries either. The project is
37 me and the rest of volunteers, and it exists independently of
38 LQ or any other concrete place. LQ is just a particular case
39 where we can be useful.
42 Jesús Guerrero