From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, PackageKit users and developers list <packagekit@×××××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [packagekit] [gentoo-dev] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:27:36
1 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
4 > Can I have a few more voices on this?: Would you clearly feel more
5 > comfortable and motivated to contribute to PackageMap if it works
6 > at your distro's source package?
9 You are somewhat missing the point. My point is that most developers
10 probably don't want to care about what happens PackageMap upstream at
11 all so unless you mandate something to metadata.xml you will be relying
12 on others to keep the information between Portage and your service in
13 sync. But if it's in metadata.xml as a mandatory attribute then
14 developers will be automatically adding the value when they create a new
15 pkg.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri