From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:02:32
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:17:55 +0200
2 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > No, these packages are available to paludis, but not to portage.
5 > Basically making a case for the use of paludis. I don't think that
6 > the decision to replace portage should be made in that way.
7
8 To reiterate here, we're not proposing introducing any paludis-specific
9 features into ebuilds. Only profiles, and those profiles wouldn't
10 provide anything that would provide users who wouldn't otherwise want
11 to use paludis with any incentive to switch.
12 --
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list