From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
Cc: net-mail@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the source for https://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/distfiles/genqmail-*
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:15:21
1 Dnia October 10, 2019 9:39:38 AM UTC, Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de> napisał(a):
2 >Am Samstag, 21. September 2019, 10:50:07 CEST schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I'm planning to do some cleanups to the qmail stuff. One thing is
6 >that the
7 >> genqmail tarball is from 20080406 and needs to be patched itself,
8 >which
9 >> makes things complicated. So, does anyone know what was the source of
10 >these
11 >> tarballs? I can't look into the directory, maybe there are even older
12 >ones?
13 >> Otherwise I would propose to just start a new git repo for that and
14 >do a
15 >> new snapshot with the patches already incorporated.
16 >
17 >So I guess noone knows. Can someone assist me in creating a new
18 >upstream? I
19 >have created a new git repository with the original tarball and the 2
20 >existing
21 >patches, which can be found here: https://github.com/DerDakon/genqmail
22 >
23 >Please pick this up and move it somewhere into Gentoo git
24 >infrastructure. I
25 >can transfer ownership to the Github Gentoo organization if you would
26 >like.
27 >Afterwards I just need someone to push the button and create a new
28 >snapshot
29 >from that (preferably together with a git tag).
30
31 Is there really a reason to do that? Since you're maintaining it, just keep it on your gh.
34 >If that is done I can switch over the netqmail ebuild to use the new
35 >tarball
36 >so we can start to phase out the old one.
37 >
38 >Eike
39 >
40 >P.S.: you can find me on Freenode as Dakon if that makes things go
41 >faster
45 Best regards,
46 Michał Górny