From: Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, net-mail@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the source for https://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/distfiles/genqmail-*
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:31:25
1 Am Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2019, 12:15:09 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Dnia October 10, 2019 9:39:38 AM UTC, Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
3 napisał(a):
4 > >Am Samstag, 21. September 2019, 10:50:07 CEST schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
5 > >> Hi,
6 > >>
7 > >> I'm planning to do some cleanups to the qmail stuff. One thing s that the
8 > >> genqmail tarball is from 20080406 and needs to be patched itself, which
9 > >> makes things complicated. So, does anyone know what was the source of
10 > >> these tarballs? I can't look into the directory, maybe there are even
11 > >> older ones?
12 > >
13 > >> Otherwise I would propose to just start a new git repo for that and do a
14 > >> new snapshot with the patches already incorporated.
15 > >
16 > >So I guess noone knows. Can someone assist me in creating a new upstream? I
17 > >have created a new git repository with the original tarball and the 2
18 > >existing patches, which can be found here:
19 > >https://github.com/DerDakon/genqmail
20 > >
21 > >Please pick this up and move it somewhere into Gentoo git infrastructure. I
22 > >can transfer ownership to the Github Gentoo organization if you would like.
23 > >Afterwards I just need someone to push the button and create a new snapshot
24 > >from that (preferably together with a git tag).
25 >
26 > Is there really a reason to do that? Since you're maintaining it, just keep
27 > it on your gh.
28
29 I just want to prevent that the same thing happens again.
30
31 Eike