From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, net-mail@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the source for https://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/distfiles/genqmail-*
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:16:32
1 On Thu, 2019-10-10 at 12:31 +0200, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2019, 12:15:09 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
3 > > Dnia October 10, 2019 9:39:38 AM UTC, Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
4 > napisał(a):
5 > > > Am Samstag, 21. September 2019, 10:50:07 CEST schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
6 > > > > Hi,
7 > > > >
8 > > > > I'm planning to do some cleanups to the qmail stuff. One thing s that the
9 > > > > genqmail tarball is from 20080406 and needs to be patched itself, which
10 > > > > makes things complicated. So, does anyone know what was the source of
11 > > > > these tarballs? I can't look into the directory, maybe there are even
12 > > > > older ones?
13 > > > > Otherwise I would propose to just start a new git repo for that and do a
14 > > > > new snapshot with the patches already incorporated.
15 > > >
16 > > > So I guess noone knows. Can someone assist me in creating a new upstream? I
17 > > > have created a new git repository with the original tarball and the 2
18 > > > existing patches, which can be found here:
19 > > > https://github.com/DerDakon/genqmail
20 > > >
21 > > > Please pick this up and move it somewhere into Gentoo git infrastructure. I
22 > > > can transfer ownership to the Github Gentoo organization if you would like.
23 > > > Afterwards I just need someone to push the button and create a new snapshot
24 > > > from that (preferably together with a git tag).
25 > >
26 > > Is there really a reason to do that? Since you're maintaining it, just keep
27 > > it on your gh.
28 >
29 > I just want to prevent that the same thing happens again.
32 I don't see a difference between a stale repo on your GitHub account
33 and a stale repo on Gentoo Infra. Except the former is easy to fork,
34 and the latter we have in dozens, and nobody knows what to do with them.
37 Best regards,
38 Michał Górny