From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Update: qt-4
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:22:01
1 Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > Since Qt is starting to get rather, ahem, big, I've decided that with the
3 > introduction of version 4.4 it's a good time to try and split it down into more
4 > manageable chunks. I'm introducing a few new packages that are designed to break
5 > out some of the major pieces into their own packages. I present:
6 >
7 > x11-libs/qt
8 > x11-libs/qt-dbus ( Breaking out into its own package )
9 > x11-libs/qt-phonon ( New for 4.4, a wrapper around various sound modules )
10 > x11-libs/qt-qt3support ( Breaking out into its own package )
11 > x11-libs/qt-webkit ( New for 4.4, Qt's integrated WebKit support )
12
13 Great news. Why don't you split everything, though? In qt-4.3.0-r2, I
14 see Core, Gui, Network, OpenGL, Sql, Script, Svg, Xml, Designer,
15 UiTools, Assistant, 3Support, Test and DBus and can certainly imagine
16 that at least putting the Gui out would make sense for console-based Qt
17 applications.
18
19 Cheers,
20 -jkt
23 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth