From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:25:59
1 On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 20:12, Bart Verwilst wrote:
2 >
3 > ----- Original Message -----
4 > From: "Bart Verwilst" <bart.verwilst@×××××××.be>
5 > To: <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
6 > Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 8:09 PM
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
10 > > > If on the other hand, drobbins' argument is against Dan seemingly
11 > > > recruiting any and all, or newcomers to Gentoo, then I understand it a
12 > bit
13 > > > more. While I still think Dan should be entitled to recruit the help of
14 > > > any of the other Gentoo developers, Dan should perhaps have handled
15 > things
16 > > > a bit differently and required that Verwilst sent the eclass-based
17 > ebuilds
18 > > > directly to himself instead checking it into CVS.
19 > >
20 > > First of all, Dan didn't 'recruite' me, drobbins did, and i'm trying to do
21 > > the
22 > > best i can for Gentoo, i really love the distro, otherwise i wouldn't want
23 > > to become
24 > > a developer on it.
25 > > Secondly, i sent all the eclass-based ebuild to Dan for his approval, I
26 > > never submitted
27 > > them myself using cvs. I have (or at least i had, hope i still have it) a
28 > > non-eclass kdevelop
29 > > ebuild... I can replace that with the eclass-based one if you want...
30 > >
31 > > Bye
32 > >
33 > > Bart
34 >
35 > And there goes my page-layout again...
36 > pfff... suckie Outlook Express..
39 "I agree, and I think it needs to be repeated that only Dan Armak should
40 be
41 writing these kinds of ebuilds. They are only for prototyping purposes
42 and
43 should *not* be emulated by others. Dan Armak, please remember this or
44 we
45 will kill the project.
48 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
49 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
50 Gentoo Technologies, Inc."
51
52 Meaning, he dont talk about accepting Bart as developer, but Bart
53 fiddeling with the eclasses. Since Dan asked Bart to help, I think it
54 is for Dan and D. Robbins to sort out.
55
56 Bart: you stress too much dude :)
59 Greetings,
60 MS
63 Martin Schlemmer
64 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
65 Cape Town, South Africa
66 Town, South Africa