From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remaining PMS todo list etc
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:50:20
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:32:41 -0600
6 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > * 174335: Some ebuild use FEATURES. Can we get them to stop doing
8 > > > that, or do we have to force package managers to emulate it?
9 > >
10 > > We seriously need a PM-independent way of saying "run the
11 > > testsuite", "run the testsuite with user privledges", and "run the
12 > > testsuite with root privledges if you can, otherwise forget it".
13 > > Also required is the ability to make test failures non-fatal on a
14 > > per-package basis, though this probably has nothing to do with the
15 > > PMS.
16 >
17 > Sounds like you need to write your own src_test for these situations.
20 if has userpriv ${FEATURES} && ! has usersandbox ${FEATURES};then
21 make check-local || die "test suite failed"
22 else
23 ewarn "Activate FEATURES=userpriv and deactivate \
24 FEATURES=usersandbox to run testsuite."
25 fi
26
27 ^ That's mlocate, mysql also tests for FEATURES.
28
29 V-Li
32 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
33 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
34
35 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>