From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remaining PMS todo list etc
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:42:09
1 On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:32:41 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3 > > * 174335: Some ebuild use FEATURES. Can we get them to stop doing
4 > > that, or do we have to force package managers to emulate it?
5 >
6 > We seriously need a PM-independent way of saying "run the testsuite",
7 > "run the testsuite with user privledges", and "run the testsuite with
8 > root privledges if you can, otherwise forget it". Also required is
9 > the ability to make test failures non-fatal on a per-package basis,
10 > though this probably has nothing to do with the PMS.
11
12 Sounds like you need to write your own src_test for these situations.
15 Ciaran McCreesh