From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:31:43
1 On Tue, 2005-25-10 at 20:16 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:55:36 -0400 solar <solar@g.o> wrote:
3 > | Please do not put words in my mouth. I've already asserted to you
4 > | several times that the definition of RDEPEND= is unclear and that we
5 > | do infact need a new set of depend atoms. R=(runtime) not Buildtime
6 > | for the NNth time. Till then please focus your efforts on something
7 > | useful that does not break other peoples systems or projects.
8 >
9 > Given the choice of possibly causing minor inconvenience to the embedded
10 > people or outright breaking the tree for every single user, the sane
11 > option is to keep the tree working. If embedded has a requirement for
12 > better DEPEND specifications, why don't they start working on a GLEP?
13
14 Maybe I dont get the problem of the embedded people, but why don't they
15 just rm -rf /usr/include (or INSTALL_MASK it)
18 Olivier CrĂȘte
19 tester@g.o
20 Gentoo Developer
21 x86 Security Liaison