From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:19:46
1 On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:55:36 -0400 solar <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 | Please do not put words in my mouth. I've already asserted to you
3 | several times that the definition of RDEPEND= is unclear and that we
4 | do infact need a new set of depend atoms. R=(runtime) not Buildtime
5 | for the NNth time. Till then please focus your efforts on something
6 | useful that does not break other peoples systems or projects.
7
8 Given the choice of possibly causing minor inconvenience to the embedded
9 people or outright breaking the tree for every single user, the sane
10 option is to keep the tree working. If embedded has a requirement for
11 better DEPEND specifications, why don't they start working on a GLEP?
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm