From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal: pre-emerge advisories
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:36:49
1 On Monday 25 July 2005 22:09, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 20:53 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > On Monday 25 July 2005 16:51, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
4 > > > Something like this maybe? (Yes, I know using $T will be frowned upon,
5 > > > but not much else you can do. Also, might use has_version(), but that
6 > > > is more difficult to parse, and I figured you normally only want those
7 > > > for system udev ...)
8 > >
9 > > Combining the pkg_preinst and pkg_postinst parts (and removing the usage
10 > > of $T ;), that pretty much shows exactly what the proposed pkg_warn would
11 > > look like. Only difference being that it would be executed before emerging
12 > > starts.
13 >
14 > Currently:
15 > - if everything is moved to pkg_preinst(), the message will not show at
16 > the end of the merge, so much higher chance of getting missed.
17 > - if everything is moved to pkg_postinst(), $udev_version will be the
18 > new version, and be of no use.
19 > - if you meant that this is for the pkg_warn() ... it still wont really
20 > help that much, as it will differ from before/after the update :/
21
22 What's the issue with pkg_warn? It would only be ran before the update,
23 so the ebuild it's in is the new version and the current version can be
24 obtained with has_version.
27 Jason Stubbs