From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] 'Gentoo Linux' bugzilla component reorganization
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:15:41
1 On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:11:30 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Right now we have the following components:
6 >>
7 >> - Applications,
8 >> - baselayout,
9 >> - Core system,
10 >> - Development,
11 >> - Eclasses and Profiles,
12 >> - Games,
13 >> - GCC Porting,
14 >> - GNOME,
15 >> - Hardened,
16 >> - Java,
17 >> - KDE,
18 >> - Keywording & Stabilization,
19 >> - Library,
20 >> - New packages ('New ebuilds' previously),
21 >> - Printing,
22 >> - SELinux,
23 >> - Server,
24 >> - Unspecified.
25 >
26 > Revision two:
27 >
28 > - Current packages [bug-wranglers@],
29 > - Eclasses [bug-wranglers@],
30 > - Hardened [hardened@],
31 > - New packages [bug-wranglers@],
32 > - Overlays [overlays@],
33 > - Profiles [bug-wranglers@],
34 > - SELinux [selinux@].
35 >
36 > Major changes:
37 >
38 > 1. collapsed all category-like components into a single 'Current
39 > packages' that is the default component for pretty much every bug
40 > related to 'standard' configurations of Gentoo Linux -- making it easy
41 > to choose the correct one and ensuring everything goes through
42 > bug-wranglers;
43 >
44 > 2. split 'eclasses & profiles' into two separate categories -- mainly
45 > intended for developer use;
46 >
47 > 3. left 'Hardened' and 'SELinux' (also the whole separate Gentoo/Alt
48 > product) as the non-standard system configurations that desire staging
49 > the bugs through respective teams,
50 >
51 > 4. left 'New packages' as-is, as category for requesting addition
52 > of packages not yet in Gentoo,
53 >
54 > 5. added 'Overlays' component for bugs filed against packages
55 > in third-party repositories (right now some of them got filed pretty
56 > randomly, and having them in Infra->Overlays is kinda wrong),
57 >
58 > 6. removed 'Keywording & stabilization'. As pointed out, those can be
59 > handled via keywords and we already do stabilizations in other places
60 > (e.g. security bugs).
61 >
62 > Your thoughts about this one?
65 Sounds good to me.