From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] 'Gentoo Linux' bugzilla component reorganization
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:04:37
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:11:30 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Right now we have the following components:
5 >
6 > - Applications,
7 > - baselayout,
8 > - Core system,
9 > - Development,
10 > - Eclasses and Profiles,
11 > - Games,
12 > - GCC Porting,
13 > - GNOME,
14 > - Hardened,
15 > - Java,
16 > - KDE,
17 > - Keywording & Stabilization,
18 > - Library,
19 > - New packages ('New ebuilds' previously),
20 > - Printing,
21 > - SELinux,
22 > - Server,
23 > - Unspecified.
24
25 Revision two:
26
27 - Current packages [bug-wranglers@],
28 - Eclasses [bug-wranglers@],
29 - Hardened [hardened@],
30 - New packages [bug-wranglers@],
31 - Overlays [overlays@],
32 - Profiles [bug-wranglers@],
33 - SELinux [selinux@].
34
35 Major changes:
36
37 1. collapsed all category-like components into a single 'Current
38 packages' that is the default component for pretty much every bug
39 related to 'standard' configurations of Gentoo Linux -- making it easy
40 to choose the correct one and ensuring everything goes through
41 bug-wranglers;
42
43 2. split 'eclasses & profiles' into two separate categories -- mainly
44 intended for developer use;
45
46 3. left 'Hardened' and 'SELinux' (also the whole separate Gentoo/Alt
47 product) as the non-standard system configurations that desire staging
48 the bugs through respective teams,
49
50 4. left 'New packages' as-is, as category for requesting addition
51 of packages not yet in Gentoo,
52
53 5. added 'Overlays' component for bugs filed against packages
54 in third-party repositories (right now some of them got filed pretty
55 randomly, and having them in Infra->Overlays is kinda wrong),
56
57 6. removed 'Keywording & stabilization'. As pointed out, those can be
58 handled via keywords and we already do stabilizations in other places
59 (e.g. security bugs).
60
61 Your thoughts about this one?
64 Best regards,