From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] prepalldocs implementation in eutils.eclass (was: prepalldocs is now banned)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:00:05
1 >>>>> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2
3 >> This will not work. dodoc operates only on files, not on directories.
4
5 > Tiziano mentioned that later in the email. Perhaps you missed it?
6
7 I didn't miss it. Read his message again:
8
9 >>> The only problem I see here is that either <OLDLOCATION> or
10 >>> ${T}/doc contains subdirs.
11
12 Whereas the following:
13
14 emake DESTDIR="${D}" docdir="${T}/doc"
15 dodoc "${T}/doc"
16
17 will not work, even if ${T}/doc contains only files.
18
19 >> Besides, what do we win by this unnecessary copying?
20
21 > What copying?
22
23 Files are first installed under ${T} and then copied to ${D}.
24
25 Ulrich