From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:14:14
1 On Thursday 14 Jun 2007 8:18:27 pm Luca Barbato wrote:
2 >
3 > If is broken we need to fix it, if is unfixable we HAVE to drop/p.mask it.
4 >
5 ...but then that remains true for open source programs as well. XMMS is a
6 wonderful example of the same. I saw alsaplayer going out and then in again
7 for the same reason. Why pin point on the "closed source" thing?
8
9 Also, is Skype really becoming unfixable? I see only 3 open bugs in my search
10 on bugzilla, none of which are security related.
13 Regards,
14 Abhay