From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:48:21
1 Abhay Kedia wrote:
2 > On Thursday 14 Jun 2007 8:18:27 pm Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >
4 >> If is broken we need to fix it, if is unfixable we HAVE to drop/p.mask it.
7 > ...but then that remains true for open source programs as well. XMMS is a
8 > wonderful example of the same. I saw alsaplayer going out and then in again
9 > for the same reason. Why pin point on the "closed source" thing?
10 >
11 > Also, is Skype really becoming unfixable? I see only 3 open bugs in my search
12 > on bugzilla, none of which are security related.
15 Please ensure you read the entire thread to get a grasp on the issues at
16 hand before replying.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list