From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bzr.eclass into Portage
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:26:59
1 >>>>> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 > "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>:
4 >> With the help of Ingmar we did some cleanup and added support for
5 >> eclass-manpages at
6 >> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/desktop-effects.git;a=blob_plain;f=eclass/bzr.eclass;hb=bzr.
7 >> I'll be moving the updated eclass to the master branch, testing and
8 >> asking users to try it out during this weekend.
9 >> This eclass is used in the overlay for the live
10 >> avant-window-navigator ebuilds, so it's probably not as used/tested
11 >> as the remaining packages. It has provided us the support we needed
12 >> for awn, but you might need additional features or to review existing
13 >> ones. Please test the updated eclass on your overlay, feel free to
14 >> maintain it and, when you think its ready, add it to the tree. When
15 >> you do so, I'll remove it from our overlay and we'll use the eclass
16 >> on the tree.
17
18 > We have a prior version for some time now in the Emacs overlay for
19 > two live ebuilds...so we go and merge your changed (ulm already
20 > did), test it and report any problems.
21
22 As I just learned there are (at least) three overlays using
23 bzr.eclass, namely desktop-effects, emacs, and ltsp.
24
25 So I think it is justified to move bzr.eclass to the Portage tree.
26 Currect version of bzr.eclass is attached.
27
28 Please raise your objections *now*.
29
30 Ulrich