From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Files owned by multiple slots
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:12:39
1 Sven wrote:
2 > Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva <at> gentoo.org> writes:
3 >>>> so this wrapper could be installed in a separate eselect sort of
4 >>>> package ?
5 >>> How exactly can this be done? If a gem creates five executables, would
6 >>> this mean that this gem comes in six ebuilds?
7 >> well given the next answer, it sounds like that's what I'm proposing.
8 >> I release this might create a packaging overhead.
9 >
10 > I'll check the docs to learn about how this could be done.
11 >
12 > Yet meanwhile I'd love to get some feedback on my original proposition: Is it
13 > feasable and acceptable to expand Portage by the possibility to declare a file
14 > shared between slots and only delete it once the last slot is uninstalled?
15 >
16 > Thanks for some feedback on this!
17 >
18 > -sven
22 This can also be accomplish by a shared dependency package so is there a
23 particular benefit for extending EAPI to support this?
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri