From: Sven <svoop@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Files owned by multiple slots
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:40:15
1 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva <at> gentoo.org> writes:
2 > > > so this wrapper could be installed in a separate eselect sort of
3 > > > package ?
4 > > How exactly can this be done? If a gem creates five executables, would
5 > > this mean that this gem comes in six ebuilds?
6 >
7 > well given the next answer, it sounds like that's what I'm proposing.
8 > I release this might create a packaging overhead.
9
10 I'll check the docs to learn about how this could be done.
11
12 Yet meanwhile I'd love to get some feedback on my original proposition: Is it
13 feasable and acceptable to expand Portage by the possibility to declare a file
14 shared between slots and only delete it once the last slot is uninstalled?
15
16 Thanks for some feedback on this!
17
18 -sven