From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Files owned by multiple slots
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:43:40
1 Le mardi 12 mai 2009 à 22:55 +0200, Sven Schwyn a écrit :
2 > Gilles wrote:
3 > > so this wrapper could be installed in a separate eselect sort of
4 > > package ?
5 > How exactly can this be done? If a gem creates five executables, would
6 > this mean that this gem comes in six ebuilds?
7
8 well given the next answer, it sounds like that's what I'm proposing.
9 I release this might create a packaging overhead.
10
11 > > If those kind of wrappers are generic enough, it could even be a
12 > > single
13 > > eselect package and gems would enable (symlink to wrapper)
14 > > themselves at
15 > > postinst. I'm an eselect n00b but this all sound like something an
16 > > eselect module could do.
17 >
18 > The wrappers can't be boiled down to one unified wrapper.
19 > Cheers, -sven
23 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
24 Gentoo