From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] epatch still no helper function? [from eutils.eclass]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:54:17
1 On Wednesday 18 July 2012 12:18:35 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 > > > "epatch" is so widely used and basic that I wonder why it's still not
4 > > > implemented as a real helper function.
5 > >
6 > > Because then its harder to change, it must be in PMS, otherwise you
7 > > have to do things like test which version of epatch the package
8 > > manager provides....sounds a lot like EAPI :)
9 >
10 > You know, that's actually a pretty good case *for* base.eclass,
11 > eutils.eclass and similar... we should probably move more functions
12 > there... :D
13
14 i don't see how base vs eutils eclass here makes a difference
15 -mike