From: Karsten Schulz <kaschu@×××××××××.de>
To: Klavs Klavsen <kl@××××.dk>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: security updates only? (security-1.0.ebuild)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:18:59
1 Am Samstag, 16. August 2003 17:56 Klavs Klavsen wrote:
2 > How about starting with putting the GLSA's in the tree?
3 > That would be step 1.
4
5 ack. Let us talk about the format! For future enhancements I suggest using an
6 xml format (Marius?).
7
8 > After this, I agree it would be best to add a --security option.
9 >
10 > IMHO this should work, so emerge -u world --security (or -S - or is that
11 > too close to -s?) would look at all the upgrades suggested by the world
12 > - and then check against the glsa's and see if any of them have are
13 > mentioned here. The glsa's should be named after the package version
14 > that fixes this issue, that way it would be easy to check and upgrade if
15 > the currently installed is older.
16
17 after I learned from Paul, that I cannot use dynamically generated
18 dependencies, I would second this suggestion.
19
20 Karsten
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list