From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A Few Questions
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:07:53
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 05:25:52PM -0500, Steven Basgall wrote:
2 >
3 > I've been following this distribution since it was enoch. I was never able
4 > to get a enoch system functioning properly, but Gentoo is quite an amazing
5 > piece of work guys. I've been using it since rc4 without any problems that
6 > other people hadn't already experienced. Even on a laptop thinkpad 600e
7 > everything is working. My first question has Gentoo every been used by
8 > anyone yet with Netware? I would like to be able to access storage volumes
9 > and replicate part of an LDAP directory. I've done the first part before
10 > with the 2.2 kernel in linux from scratch. I would imagine openldap can be
11 > configured to do the later.
12 > I am very excited about gentoo and I'd love to write some stuff up for you
13 > guys about anything I have to add to Gentoo to get this to work. I think I
14 > can submit some ebuilds for some laptop/thinkpad/thinkpad600e specific stuff
15 > if they are simple enough. Thanks you for the great linux.
16
17 We of course would love new ebuilds, but more importantly we need people who
18 are going to test ebuilds and refine them until they are working perfectly and
19 who will take a personal interest in the quality of Gentoo Linux rather than
20 simply posting ebuilds. So, if this sounds like you, then we'd love to have
21 you aboard. First, submit a couple of new ebuilds so that we can see that you
22 know how to use the Portage system, and then we can look into giving you cvs
23 access.
24
25 Best Regards,
28 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>