From: Steven Basgall <steveb@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A Few Questions
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:30:08
1 I've been following this distribution since it was enoch. I was never able
2 to get a enoch system functioning properly, but Gentoo is quite an amazing
3 piece of work guys. I've been using it since rc4 without any problems that
4 other people hadn't already experienced. Even on a laptop thinkpad 600e
5 everything is working. My first question has Gentoo every been used by
6 anyone yet with Netware? I would like to be able to access storage volumes
7 and replicate part of an LDAP directory. I've done the first part before
8 with the 2.2 kernel in linux from scratch. I would imagine openldap can be
9 configured to do the later.
10 I am very excited about gentoo and I'd love to write some stuff up for you
11 guys about anything I have to add to Gentoo to get this to work. I think I
12 can submit some ebuilds for some laptop/thinkpad/thinkpad600e specific stuff
13 if they are simple enough. Thanks you for the great linux.
14
15 Steve