From: Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Conference - Call for ideas
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:27:16
1 On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:09:00PM -0700, Corey Shields wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings!
4 >
5 > We have secured a location and date for a Gentoo developer conference to
6 > correspond with the timing of LWE in San Francisco. The date will be Friday,
7 > August 12th. Global Netoptex (netoptex.com), one of Gentoo's infrastructure
8 > sponsors, has offered space in their facility to host the conference. This
9 > is only 5 blocks from the Moscone center, making it convenient for people who
10 > will be in town for LWE that week.
11
12 Excellent! I'm hoping to fly my *ss out to the left coast this year to
13 make LWE: SF.
16 > Once available, seating and registration will be limited to the space we have,
17 > but we are also working on the possibility of webcasting the sessions.
18 >
19 > The question I have is what kind of content would you like to see? This may
20 > turn into a call for participation later, but right now we are trying to get
21 > a feel for what topics people would be interested in hearing and talking
22 > about.
23
24 Things I'd love to hear talks on:
25 * liveCD/releng process - I have a basic understanding of catalyst, stage building, whatever, but hearind the shpeel from someone involved.
26 * Portage development - What new features are coming up, maybe details of some of the internals of portage, whatever.
27
28 If people want to hear me blab, I could do something on any of the mono
29 related stuff I work on.
30
31 -pete
34 Peter Johanson